Employers have both general and specific responsibilities related to hazard control and worker health and safety in BC. In carrying out these duties, management—from the chief executive officer through to the first-level supervisor—can demonstrate their commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
• Ensure the health and safety of the employer’s workers and other workers present at the workplace. • Establish occupational health and safety policies and an OHS program in BC.
• Provide general direction to management, supervisors, and workers about their responsibilities and roles in providing a safe and healthy workplace.
• Provide specific direction and delegate authority to those responsible for health and safety.
• Consult and cooperate with individuals carrying out occupational health and safety duties (including joint committee members, worker health and safety representatives, and WorkSafeBC prevention officers).
• Provide workers with the information, instruction, training, and supervision necessary to protect their health and safety.
• Provide supervisors with the support and training necessary to carry out their health and safety responsibilities.
• Provide and maintain protective equipment, devices, and clothing, and ensure that they are used.
• Make a copy of the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation readily available for review by workers.
Contact Empire Safety Solutions for more information!
For over 20 years, Empire Safety Solutions has been providing clients with professional occupational health and safety consulting services in:
VICTORIA BC, VANCOUVER ISLAND BC, VANCOUVER BC, NORTH VANCOUVER BC, WEST VANCOUVER BC, BURNABY BC, NEW WESTMINSTER BC, RICHMOND BC, SURREY BC, DELTA BC, LANGLEY BC, FORT LANGLEY BC, MAPLE RIDGE BC, COQUITLAM BC, PORT COQUITLAM BC, PORT MOODY BC, PITT MEADOWS BC, ABBOTSFORD BC and MISSION BC.