Employers have both general and specific responsibilities related to hazard control and worker health and safety in BC. In carrying out these duties, management—from the chief executive officer through to the first-level supervisor—can demonstrate their commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
• Ensure the health and safety of the employer’s workers and other workers present at the workplace. • Establish occupational health and safety policies and an OHS program in BC.
• Provide general direction to management, supervisors, and workers about their responsibilities and roles in providing a safe and healthy workplace.
• Provide specific direction and delegate authority to those responsible for health and safety.
• Consult and cooperate with individuals carrying out occupational health and safety duties (including joint committee members, worker health and safety representatives, and WorkSafeBC prevention officers).
• Provide workers with the information, instruction, training, and supervision necessary to protect their health and safety.
• Provide supervisors with the support and training necessary to carry out their health and safety responsibilities.
• Provide and maintain protective equipment, devices, and clothing, and ensure that they are used.
• Make a copy of the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation readily available for review by workers.
Contact Empire Safety Solutions for more information!
For over 20 years, Empire Safety Solutions has been providing clients with professional occupational health and safety consulting services in:
VICTORIA BC, VANCOUVER ISLAND BC, VANCOUVER BC, NORTH VANCOUVER BC, WEST VANCOUVER BC, BURNABY BC, NEW WESTMINSTER BC, RICHMOND BC, SURREY BC, DELTA BC, LANGLEY BC, FORT LANGLEY BC, MAPLE RIDGE BC, COQUITLAM BC, PORT COQUITLAM BC, PORT MOODY BC, PITT MEADOWS BC, ABBOTSFORD BC and MISSION BC.
Meet Our Team
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions: Online Training
On-site Safety Training
On-site Safety Training Vancouver BC
Joint Health and Safety Committee Training BC
Bullying and Harassment Training BC
Employee Orientations Training BC
Supervisor Bill C45 Training BC
Confined Space Training BC
Fall Protection Training BC
Incident Investigations Training BC
Lock Out Tag Out Training BC
Asbestos Awareness Training BC
Bloodborne Pathogens Training BC
Traffic Control Training BC
WHMIS Training BC
Man Lift Training BC
Fork Lift Training BC
Safety Manuals Vancouver BC
Safety Programs Vancouver BC
Site Specific Safety Manuals SSSP Vancouver BC
Safety Program Auditing Vancouver BC
Safety Program Upgrades & Conversions
Safety Management Systems Software Canada
COVID 19 Return to Work Safety Plans
Online Safety Training
Online Safety Training Vancouver BC
Joint Health and Safety Committee Training BC Online
Bullying and Harassment Training BC Online
Traffic Control Training BC Online
Supervisor Bill C45 Training BC Online
Incident Investigations Training BC Online
Safety Inspections Training BC Online
Lock Out Training BC Online
WHMIS Training BC Online
Asbestos Awareness Training BC Online
Bloodborne Pathogens Training BC Online
Ladder Training BC Online
Vancouver BC Office
8645 Armstrong Avenue Unit 29
Burnaby, BC, V3N 2H4
Victoria BC Office
1338 Stelly's Cross Road Unit 97
Brentwood Bay, BC, V8M 0B6